Join EDM Council and PwC for EDM Council’s In-Person DataVision 2023 event – and our annual holiday reception!
New York City – Thursday, December 14, 12:00-7:30pm EST
Hear from top industry experts and practitioners – and network with your peers in-person – as we explore critical data management and advanced analytics topics. DataVision 2023 is COMPLIMENTARY for members, prospective members, guests and all data management professionals.
Agenda Highlights – See details further below:
12:00-12:50pm: Lunch, Networking and Exhibits
1:00-5:10pm: Conference Sessions
- Keynote: The Journey of the CDO and Data Professional – by John Bottega, President of EDM Council
- Keynote: Data Office: Do we make a difference? – by Tojo Johnson, Partner, PwC
- Cloud Data Governance & Accelerating Your Cloud Strategy with CDMC: An End-User View
- Delivering Value in Cloud Adoption: How Certified Providers Are Leveraging Cloud
- Is Data Ready for AI? Is AI Ready for Data?
- Data ROI: Creating Business Value
- Break Free From Data Distress
- EDM Council Spotlight on services, tools, Special Interest Groups (SIGs) and networking opportunities for members – including updates from the Women Data Professionals group, now with 2400+ members globally!
5:15-7:30pm: Holiday Reception
- Celebrate, network and explore the exhibits to meet your peers and discover the latest innovations from our sponsors
In Partnership with PwC
In Partnership with Kyndryl
Data is increasingly recognized as a critical business asset as the growth of data applications explodes across any enterprise. At the same time, organizations struggle to articulate the business value created by effective data management. This session will discuss the data challenges and recommended data management best practices for defining and developing a return on investment (ROI) for the data office.
In Partnership with BigID
There are common challenges many organizations face advancing their cloud journey. Having a plan to implement the right set of capabilities and controls for managing and protecting data in the cloud is critical to these initiatives’ success. And data governance must be at the core. This discussion will provide an end-user view on using the CDMC framework to manage data and advance cloud strategy.
In Partnership with Datactics
As we proceed deeper into the world of generative AI, data comes to the forefront as the most critical element to advance our successful use of these new technologies. What can we apply from our advancements in data management strategies that will ensure responsible usage and trusted outcomes from our AI?
Learn more about the Council's key initiatives, the latest about the DCAM and CDMC best practice frameworks, activities and results from working groups such as Data ROI and ESG, training opportunities, and the new Data Excellence Program. Get to know the team, and also learn more about how to support the Women Data Professionals group, now numbering nearly 2500 members worldwide!
In Partnership with Informatica
Deploying cloud strategy takes a village. Highly valued in the process is the expertise of providers – such as cloud service and technology providers and consultants – who can provide trusted guidance and expertise. Hear from a panel of providers how they are leveraging cloud, and what the value of certification in CDMC is in adding credibility to help corporations advance their cloud strategy.
In Partnership with Solidatus
In a data world full of complexity and ever-evolving regulations, we must start to find ways to effectively combat the data distress, debt, and disparity that many organizations are facing. Join us in discussing real concerns data offices are facing and share in ways we can help build a better data culture and drive certainty.
– Managing data, people, process, policy, and systems is becoming ever more complex. How do you put the brakes on the
slide towards data distress and build back trust in your organization by delivering a data maturity roadmap?
– How do regulatory obligations impact data-related stress in organizations and what is the impact on the business and
– What role does technology play in building a data governance ecosystem?