The EDM Council Data ROI Working Group of over 100 cross-industry companies has been hard at work with Chief Data Officers (CDOs) and data management professionals from around the world building the following complimentary Data ROI assets:
- Data Office ROI (ROI of Data Office)
- Data As An Asset (Valuation of Data)
- Data Companies (DataCos)
Empirical studies indicate that intangibles account for more than 90% of the market capitalization of most publicly-traded companies. Interestingly, most intangible definitions exclude data as an asset.
This webinar series will be organized into two sessions.
Webinar 1: November 29 at 11:00 AM ET / 5 PM CET
Aligning the interests of the CDO and CFO: Introducing a practitioner perspective:
- Understanding what data ROI actually means and where we are in leveraging this insight
- Real examples of how business cases are built to track data and develop Generative AI projects
- Tracking the Return on Investment (ROI): How does this influence capital allocation decisions going forward?
- Measuring the financial value of data and AI: Does usage or purpose influence valuations?
Webinar 2: December 6 at 11:00 AM ET / 5 PM CET
Data on the Balance Sheet: Understanding the issues and opportunities
- A quick review of traditional data program ROI methods (covered in Webinar 1) and the downloadable EDM Council assets
- Building momentum to measure and value data and generative AI so that they become reportable intangible assets on the balance sheet
- Use of DataCo constructs for data asset financing
- Where does the ROI on data fit into the ESG equation: Can it help us with transition planning and developing sustainable business models that are less evident today?